In September 2013 the DFE provided all Primary schools with additional funding for schools to develop a legacy to improve physical education and sports provision within school.
DOWNLOAD: Sports Funding 2017-18 with Impact
Government Sporting Grant
The PE and Sport Allocation is funding provided to schools in addition to main school funding. This funding can only be spent on the provision of PE and Sport in schools.
The government is providing additional funding for the academic year 2016 to 2017 to improve provision of Physical Education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport.
Following the provision of the Government Sporting Grant, we are looking to improve our PE and Sports provision further.
Our aims in improving our current sporting provision are:
- To make effective use of Sports Funding to improve outcomes for children in PE.
- To provide effective CPD for staff.
- To increase the number of children participating in intra and inter school competition.
- To increase numbers of children participating in extra-curricular sports clubs.
- To develop community sporting links.
- To develop leadership opportunities for children.
- To develop active, healthy lunchtimes.