St Andrew’s is a small, friendly Church of England village primary school in the rural setting of Cromhall, South Gloucestershire. We currently have 70 children on role with class sizes varying from 14 to 21. As part of our extended schools provision we have a breakfast and an after School Club.
The school has a Christian foundation which it seeks to promote by providing high quality educational opportunities to all members of the school community. This is encouraged through the teaching of Religious Education, whole school Collective Worship and the development of our chosen Christian School values- Respect, Courage, Friendship, Forgiveness, Truthfulness. We deliver a curriculum which seeks to offer opportunities for all in order to develop and nurture the children’s lifelong love of learning.
"Pupils are very caring and show good understanding of the needs of others. A major strength in pupils’ behaviour is their attitudes to their learning. Behaviour in lessons is almost always exemplary and they work keenly and enthusiastically."
Local verbal history claims that before being used as a school, the building was used as an almshouse. In 1843, the rector at that time, the Reverend William James Copleston contributed £204 to the £358 needed to convert the old Church House into a school. Although the building was ready in 1844, the first Head Teacher was not appointed until 1862, and lived in the schoolhouse, which is now the library and offices.
Headteacher: Mrs Helen Green
Phone: 01454 294498
Address: Church Lane, Cromhall Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire GL12 8AL
Please could all children have wellies, named & in a bag, in school. We intend to use the school field during all weathers. As the school has grown (70 children) the school playground is becoming too small for the whole school to play on, so we need to use the field during morning break and at lunchtimes.
Your support in this will be very much appreciated.